It's fall time... and you know what that means! It's time for all things squash and pumpkins :) I was feeling inspired by the season and played around in the kitchen to create a delicious and fun new soup. Bonus: after the squash is roasted, the soup is super quick and easy to "make" aka blend!
· 1 big (about 1.5 lb) butternut squash, roasted, peeled and cubed (for instructions on how to roast squash, view here)
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 32 oz chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
· 1/2 cup coconut milk (canned)
· 1.5" piece of ginger *may be adjusted according to ginger preference
· 1/2 cup cilantro
· 3 tsp chili powder
· 2 tsp rosemary
· 2 tsp turmeric
Toppings (all based on eater discretion):
· Seeds from roasted squash (or pumpkin or sunflower seeds)
· Red pepper
· Salt and pepper
· More cilantro!
1. Place cubed and roasted squash pieces into Vitamix (or food processor). Add remaining ingredients and BLEND!
2. Warm on stove, add toppings and ENJOY!