*Pictured above - kale chips before baking.
1 bunch of curly kale (make sure it's not dino or lacinato kale - it won't crisp the same!)
2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Wash kale thoroughly and dry thoroughly.
2. Tear kale away from stem. Each kale piece should be chip sized.
3. Place kale, salt, olive oil and lemon into a bowl and mix together with your hands, gently massaging the kale with the oil, lemon and salt
4. Lay kale pieces flat out on a cookie sheet or pizza pan. Place in oven and set timer for 15 minutes and check.
5. Remove from oven and gently unstuck kale from pan if it has stuck and if needed, place in oven for another 5 minutes until kale is dry and crispy
6. Allow to cool. Can store in fridge for up to a week.
· Trader Joe's now carries pre-cut and washed kale pieces which speed up this process.
· When placing kale on baking sheets, massage oil into kale so it cooks evenly.
· Can also substitute vinegar for lemon for a salt and vinegar chip.
· Can also substitute garlic salt, Braggs amino acids, and various flavorings for an extra flavorful treat - ENJOY!