One key to making quick and easy meals is making large batches! This recipe makes over 12 cups of rice, which is great for on-the-go meals. Another time saving tip is to use pre-cut (and washed) frozen veggies.
· 4 cups (uncooked) Basmati rice
· 3 tbsp garlic infused oil (or olive oil)
· 1 lb frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, corn & peas)
· 1 cup diced bell peppers (can be frozen or freshly cut)
· 1 & 1/2 tsp powdered ginger
· 1 tbsp turmeric
· 1/2 tsp chili powder
· 1/2 tsp red chili pepper
· 2 tbsp liquid aminos/Tamari or gluten free soy sauce
· Optional: cilantro, sausage slices or pumpkin seeds
1. Cook 4 cups of rinsed Basmati rice (rinse to reduce arsenic). I like to use a rice cooker so I don't need to keep an eye on it.
2. While rice is cooking, pour the garlic infused oil in a saute pan and saute vegetables for about 5 minutes.
3. Add rice to veggies in sauce pan and mix in spices. Let simmer on low for about another 5 minutes.
4. Dish out and add optional toppings - I enjoy the jalapeno chicken sausages from Trader Joe's. I also am a huge fan of cilantro and love this combination!
5. Enjoy! Save extras in glass containers for storage and later enjoyment.