· 6 medium size carrots
· 2 large parsnips
· 3 stalks of celery
· 1 inch piece of ginger
· 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
· 2 cups of bone broth (either beef or chicken) or vegetable stock
· 3 cups coconut milk (or almond milk)
· 2 tsp powdered ginger
· 1 tsp chili flakes
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· Optional: cilantro and pumpkin seeds to garnish
1. Wash and cut carrots, parsnips, celery and ginger.
2. Saute cut vegetables in the garlic infused olive oil for about 5 minutes.
3. Add powdered ginger, chili flakes, broth and milk to vegetables, cover and cook for about 20 minutes, or until vegetables are break apart easily when put on a fork.
4. Pour cooked vegetables and liquid into blender until smooth (or use immersion blender). Be careful, these veggies are hot!
5. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and serve with your favorite garnishes. I'm partial to the cilantro and pumpkin seeds.
This is another great soup to make in large quantities. This recipe makes about 10 cups which is great for multiple meals or sharing with the family. It takes a little bit longer to prepare than the Rainbow Rice, since you need to wash and cut all of the vegetables and boil for about 20 minutes. But it is delicious and worth it!